NEFT's Fly-tying course is designed for beginners looking to tie their own flies.
No experience is necessary. Our instructors will teach you the fundamentals, including:
• Fly-tying tools
• Selecting & using the materials
• A touch of entomology (the study of insects)
• Tying various flies, including Dry Flies, Nymphs, and Streamers.
Course cost is only $80.00 and includes:
• The NEFT Manual of Fly-Tying manual
• All Class Fly-Tying materials (threads, feathers, dubbing, etc)
• 10 - Fly-Tying instruction classes
Students must supply their own fly-tying tools.
Equipment may be purchased through the club, contact the program director for more information
Seating is limited to 15 students, so sign up today through the NEFT Marketplace
Click Here to Enroll in NEFT Fly-Tying Course
The NEFT Custom Rod Building Course will teach you how to
design & build your own custom fishing rod.
Over this 4-week course, you will learn how to:
• Find and Mark the Rod Spine
• Attach the Reel Seat & Grips
• Filing the Guide Feet
• Mark & Place the Guides
• Wrapping the Guides
• Apply Color Preserver
• Apply the Finish
At the end of the class, and after you apply your final finish, you will have a completed rod ready to fish!
The Course Costs only $100.00 includes:
• Your choice of Fishing Rod Style: Fly or Spinning
Graphite 9’ 4pc. 5wt Fly Rod Blank, Guides, Rod Grip & Seat
Graphite 6'6' 1Pc-4-10Lb Spinning Rod, Front and Rear Cork Grip & Guides
• All Rod Components: Rod Blank, guides, Reel Seat & Cork Grips
• Materials ( Epoxies/glue, Threads (limited colors), and tools
• Use of the NEFT Wrapping Bench & Rod *
*Equipment and additional rod materials may be purchased through NEFT
Join NEFT's Instructor Ethan Bedard every other Monday night, from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
as he teaches the steps to tie some of the most effective fly patterns for the area.
The session is free and open to the public
The NEFT club provides the basic materials; all you need to bring is your vice and tools
The full schedule and planned patterns can be found on the Calendar page
If you are interested in participating as a Guest Instructor, or would like to suggest a specific pattern for the Favorite Fly Program
Please email email@example.com